Aging in Place Inspections
If you’re planning an aging in place strategy for yourself or other family members, Trident Inspection Group can help. We know certain issues can pose problems for seniors or for those with mobility or other physical limitations. We offer a home safety inspection for the elderly to identify any updates needed to address safety, convenience, and accessibility concerns. Call (714) 332-6689 or request a quote now. We serve Orange County and the surrounding areas of California.
Plan for Aging in Place Home Design
Identifying and making home modifications is a process that is best done ahead of time. This allows you to prioritize and budget for short-term and long-term upgrades as time and money allow. At Trident, our professional, certified inspectors thoroughly examine both the exterior and interior of the home. See the highlights below of items we check for inclusion and/or function in our extensive inspection.
- Slip-resistant stairs and ramp and handrails.
- Accessible doorways.
- Driveways and walkways.
- Garage and other outbuildings.
- Easy-care landscaping.
- House number clearly visible from street for first responders.
- Secure doors and easy-to-use locks and knobs.
- Maneuverability in each room and passageway of the home.
- Check of electrical, lighting, safety, and security systems.
- Kitchen appliances, counters, and cabinets are easy to reach and use.
- Bathroom fixtures and counters are appropriately sized, and at least one bathroom is wheelchair accessible on the main level and has slip-resistant surfaces. Access to emergency call button.
- Flooring in home is low-density pile with firm pad or slip-resistant surfaces to prevent tripping, slipping, or falls.
- In multi-story home, laundry facilities located on same floor as master bedroom.
- Main living area is on a single story, including full bath, or, if multi-story, has a chair lift or residential elevator.
After the inspection, we’ll present you with a report by 9 a.m. the next morning of our recommendations for modification. We are experienced with helping clients transform their dwellings into aging in place homes. Avoid an upsetting move and stay in your beloved, familiar surroundings.
Get Peace of Mind with Our Trustworthy & Experienced Team
Do you need other inspection services? Our complete list of services includes the following:
Why Choose Us?
Prioritize Home Safety with Trident
Studies show the option of aging in place is often the best. At Trident Inspection Group, we can help make this possible with our home safety inspection for the elderly. Enjoy the comforts of home with the necessary modifications to be safe and secure too. Call (714) 332-6689 or request a quote now. We serve Orange County and the surrounding areas of California including Los Angeles, Riverside, Anaheim, Mission Viejo, and Irvine.