If you’re starting to notice mold or mildew in your home, it’s time to take action. Mold can be dangerous for humans and pets alike, but mold testing is the first step in reducing mold around your home. Here are a few ways that you can reduce mold without spending a lot of money:
– Call Trident Inspection Group – Trident is a certified air quality inspection company and will have all the tools needed to test for mold; this includes specialized equipment like infrared cameras, moisture meters and air sampling pumps.
– Ventilate regularly – Make sure that there is plenty of airflow coming into your house as well as leaving it so that moisture doesn’t build up on moldy surfaces.
Mold prevention is just as important as mold removal because it will save you from headaches in the future. Read this blog post for advice on how to avoid mold all together!
– Cleanliness: The key to mold prevention is to keep your home clean. Try and vacuum at least once a week, sweep the floors regularly, wash all of your clothes in hot water before putting them away, and take out the trash daily
– Air Circulation: Mold grows well on damp surfaces. Make sure that you’re not trying to store anything wet or moldy in a closed room. If mold is growing in your home, you’ll want to open up some windows or doors for better air circulation
– Sunlight: Mold needs moisture and darkness to grow well. Try not to store any damp items under the sink where sunlight won’t reach them as mold doesn’t do so well in such conditions
– Disinfectant: You can also use disinfectants to prevent mold from growing in your home. Cleaning products such as bleach are a great way to kill mold and bacteria
– Ventilation: Make sure that you have plenty of ventilation! Mold is much less likely to grow if there’s enough air flow going through the house or building
– Airing Out: Similarly, mold grows less in humid climates because it needs the moisture. Try to air out your home for at least an hour each day and be sure that there’s plenty of fresh air coming into your house.